Gato & Co to bolster pudding range
Start-up brand Gato & Co is upsizing its brand as of June 2018 from 60g to 80g+ while retaining the price of £2.29 per pot. Gato is also launching a Salted Caramel Sticky Toffee Pudding to its existing range of Melting Chocolate Fondant and Chocolate & Coconut Brownie.
Gato says the pots contain 40-50% less sugar per gram than other branded pudding pots, using unrefined ingredients such as ground almonds (instead of flour), almond milk, raw cacao, creamed coconut and even courgette and aubergine (used in place of butter).
Gato’s indulging Melting Chocolate Fondant is made with organic dark chocolate and cacao for a chocolatey taste. Honey adds a mellow sweetness. The Gooey Chocolate & Coconut Brownie is handmade with melted dark chocolate and silky coconut. The all new salted caramel Sticky Toffee Pudding is made with dates, maple syrup, Madagascan vanilla and a mix of spices.
Gato can be found in Whole Foods, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, As Nature Intended, Amazon Fresh and Ocado,
Gato & Co Benefits:
- At least 40% less sugars per 100g
- Free from refined sugar, gluten & dairy
- Made with simple, whole ingredients
Ingredients & RRP – RRP £2.29 per pudding
1) Velvety Chocolate Fondant
- Aubergine (26%), Organic Fairtrade dark chocolate (26%), free range egg, honey, almond milk, organic cacao powder, coconut oil, baking powder, arrowroot, sea salt
- 253kcal per 85g serving
2) Gooey Chocolate & Coconut Brownie
- Almond milk (24%), organic Fairtrade dark chocolate (19%), coconut (19%), free range egg, honey, almonds, baking powder, organic chia seeds, sea salt
- 299kcal per 80g serving
3) Scrumptious Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Almond milk, dates (17%), free range egg, courgette (8%), brown rice flour, date syrup, rapeseed oil, almonds, maple syrup, baking powder, natural vanilla extract, arrowroot, sea salt, mixed spice
- 198kcal per 80g serving
Posted by: Georgie Neilson